Monday, July 11, 2016

Summer Reading List | "Cinder"


Hey y'all!

Today's installment of my "Summer Reading List" series is about "Cinder" by Marissa Meyers. This is the first book in a series called "The Lunar Chronicles". They are all about different fairytale stories but with a twist to them. For this book, Cinder is based on Cinderella! However, the twist is that she is a cyborg living in the future city of New Beijing :O

The book follows Cinder through her journey of finding out who she really is. She was adopted and doesn't remember life before becoming a cyborg. There is a deadly plague that has been ripping through the earth and Cinder is needed to help find a cure. She meets the handsome Prince Kai as well (and I mean, you all know what happens there, or what will happen, too).

There are many parallels between Cinder and Cinderella. She still has a stepmother and stepsisters, she meets the prince, and more. I really enjoyed this book though! It did take me a while to start reading it but I think that's because I was watching too much Netflix... haha! But it was sooooo good and if you like this type of fantasy, si-fi, stories then this is definitely the book for you! I do really want to finish the rest of the series, but probably will wait until I go back to South Carolina!

Hope you guys enjoyed! Be sure to check out my social media accounts on the right!

Love, Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment