Friday, August 21, 2015

Ten Things... I Love About LBI!


Hey y'all!
I want to start a new thing on my blog and it is called "Ten Things". I want to create something that's specific to my blog and I think that this is the best way to start! With these post, I'll talk about 10 things that pertain to a specific subject! It could be Ten Things I love/hate/like/miss/want/etc about whatever I'm thinking about. For the first "Ten Things", I'm going to be talking about LBI (since I'm here on vacation and such)! So, let's get into it :)

1st Thing: The town

The town here at LBI is just so cute. There's so much to do and see that you can't do in one day! There's the beach, the bay, shopping, food, water park, and even a little fair/amusement park! There's literally a mini put-put golf on every street (not kidding there's like 20 on this island). 

2nd Thing: THE BEACH!

I think this is pretty obvious, I love the beach! I love the ocean, tanning and just sitting there. I love to collect seashells; little side note, I once collected so many seashells that all of them would barely fit into a gallon size mason jar haha! I love to relax, put on some music, and just fall asleep to the sound of the waves. The one that that does bother me is the sand. It literally gets everywhere haha. Anyways, I love to just be there! 

3rd Thing: Beach houses

So something else you find at the beach is beach houses! I love the different colors of each house and the fact that they are all beachy tones like coral and light blue! I also love when there's a little cluster of houses that are the same but all different colors lol! 

4th Thing: Sunsets

Sunsets are rare to find when you're on the east coast. At LBI (and also Cape Charles, where I went last year) one side faces the east and the other the west so you can see the sunset pretty clearly here! I love seeing the different shades and its just so freakin pretty haha! 

5th Thing: Palm Trees

Palm trees are one of the most gorgeous trees on this earth (other than magnolia trees). I love palm trees because they remind me of the beach and anything tropical basically. 

6th Thing: Shopping!!!!!

At every beach town, there are really cute local stores that sell amazing pieces of beach themed decor, clothing, and jewelry!!! I love to go in and browse the shops. I've also decided that when I buy my own house, I'm going to the beach and buying all my decor from these types of shops! 

7th Thing: Local restaurants


My family and I went to so many local restaurants and they're all so good!! A lot sell seafood, but many do a variety. The other day, we went to a place called "The Seashell" and the restaurant was right on the beach!! It was so cute and there were palm trees everywhere too!! 

8th Thing: Ice cream!!!!!

There's lots of ice cream shops all throughout the town but there's a Ben and Jerry's right down the street from where we're staying!! Its so cute, its like a little beach hut!! We went a few times and its sooooo good. Ice cream is just a favorite treat of mine in general; I even put it in my coffee, no joke. I also really love Ben and Jerry's milkshakes because they're so delicious!!!! I'm going on a diet after this trip I swear.

9th Thing: Taking pictures

I loveeeeeee taking pictures on the beach. Last year at Cape Charles, my sister took my senior photos with my graduation dress and my cowboy boots. I absolutely loved doing that with her and they turned out amazing!!!! This year we did a family photo shoot at LBI. We all wore white and it was just so much fun!!!

10th Thing: Relaxing and Enjoying

I think that this is the most rewarding thing about going somewhere for vacation, doesn't even have to be the beach! Vacations are a good way to just relax and not stress about anything. I leave for college almost two days after I get back which could seem really stressful. During this trip, I barely thought about packing or moving. When I did, I just thought of all the exciting things about this new chapter in my life. I enjoyed spending time with my family because I know that things will change and it won't be exactly the same anymore. I'm glad we went on vacation right before I left because we got to spend time together as a whole fam<3

Thanks for reading!!! Hope you will enjoy reading this new type of post!!
Love, Kat

Follow me on:
Twitter: @kat_wypasek
Insta: @kat_wypasek
Pinterest: @kat_wypasek



No comments:

Post a Comment