Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Summer Reading List | "Love, Rosie" Review


Hey y'all!!

Today is my very first book review for my Summer Reading List series! Sorry this was supposed to go up yesterday but there was a lot of things going on and I just finished the book today haha. The rest of the series will be going up every other Tuesday from now on!

This review is on the novel "Love, Rosie" by Cecelia Ahern! So a little backstory: if you guys read my "Me Before You" book review, then you would know that I found out about that book through the trailer of the movie that is coming out in June (so excited!!). So around that same time, I found out that the guy who plays Will, Sam Claflin, was also in this movie called Love, Rosie, which is based on this book! I actually watched the movie before reading the book so I kind of already knew some of the things that happens. But after watching the movie, I really wanted to read it!

This book is a story of a girl named Rosie and a boy named Alex. They have been best friends since kindergarten, which is where the story begins. It tells the story through letters between the all the characters. These letters take the reader through different parts of their lives, from moving to pregnancies to marriages and more. They still remain best friends through all the ups and downs of life. Its a story of best friends and a love story all in one. But I wont tell you anymore since it will just give it away ;)

Overall, I really did enjoy this book. The only thing that really bothered me was the fact that it was told through letters so you do kind of miss some things that you wouldn't in a regular book. The letters do tell you what happened during these events but they don't feel like your actually there, if that makes sense. However, this book was still really fun to read and everyone who hasn't should read it!!!!

I hope you enjoyed this post! Be sure to check out my social medias on the right so you never miss a post!!!

Love, Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment