Wednesday, January 6, 2016

My Day in NYC


Hey y'all!!

Today, my friend, Lina, and I went into New York City! My house is about an hour train ride from the City, so we hopped on a train and off we went. We first had lunch with my dad at the Juniors in Grand Central. I got this really delicious grilled cheese with ham and french fries! I don't have any pictures from that part of the day haha. Anyways, Juniors is a really nice restaurant to visit anytime you're in the city. They have a larger one around Times Square as well as the one in Grand Central!

The next thing we did was visit the Frick Collection. Its a house (kind of like Downton Abbey) that they turned into an art museum! It was really cool because not only did you get to see the art pieces, but you got to see some of the rooms with the furniture as well. I don't really like museum but I enjoyed it mostly because of how pretty the rooms were! We weren't allowed to take pictures of the paintings in the room, but we did take a few pictures of this gorgeous fountain area! Isn't just so pretty??!


Next we walked over to Central Park where we saw the Bethesda Fountain and the Mall.



Next we headed to Time Square and went to Forever 21 (didn't buy anything) and got some Starbucks because it was cool and I needed caffeine. Like I always need caffeine am I right?



Then we walked over to Rockerfeller to see the tree! I was so happy that they hadn't taken it down yet because all I wanted to do was see this tree. Lina also bought us these Statue of Liberty hats. We looked like tourists with them on, even though Lina has lived in the New Jersey/New York area for her whole life and I've lived here for almost 10 years!




Here is a quick New York winter OOTD for y'all:


Coat: Nine West
Jeans: Delia's
Scarf: Bloomingdales (not entirely sure, I've had that scarf for a while now)
Sweater: Old Navy - you can't tell but its the navy one from my fall haul post!

Then we headed back to good ole Penn Station where we took the train back home.

I hope you enjoy this bonus post! I actually have exciting news for y'all but that will come in another bonus post tomorrow!! Be sure to check out my social media's on the right so you'll always know when there's a new post out!

Love, Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment